Welcome mortal, to the realm of the great Valkyrie Knights! You will find amongst our ranks only the finest adventurers ever to set foot on Cradle. Stay a while, and bask in our glory.

More insight on the mission system.

SeratedGrin

More insight on the mission system.

Post  SeratedGrin on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:13 am

Taken from the forums.
    -----------------

Mission Overview
    Missions provide players with a a structure for navigating the world of Spiral Knights. Each mission features a reward that is guaranteed with completion in addition to the rewards acquired during the mission itself.

Missions range from simple tasks like speaking with an NPC to going on an a major expedition within the Clockworks. One of the key features of missions is that everything is managed within the mission interface. You will never find yourself searching a town for NPCs or left to wonder what to do next. When you’re looking for action, simply open up the mission interface and away you go!

Additionally, the Character Select interface now includes the ‘Ready Room.’ The Ready Room is where your knight chooses where to go after selection. You can chat with friends and guildmates, check out your Social Panel and Event Hub, head in to town or go directly on a mission.

Ready Room Preview

There are four types of missions: Rank, Prestige, Expansion and Arcade.

Rank Missions
    Rank Missions serve the main campaign of Spiral Knights. Comprised of over 80 missions, Rank Missions will allow a player to rise in the ranks of the Spiral Knights. Starting as a lowly Recruit, knights can ultimately achieve the mighty rank of Vanguard.

Rank Mission Preview

Rank Missions also feature a new way of acquiring the recipes that you need. In each Rank Mission lobby you will find Basil selling a set selection of recipes that are geared toward the mission you are about to face. Additionally, Rank Missions have you regularly visiting the ‘Hall of Heroes’ where players can see veteran knight loadouts and purchase they recipes for their gear. The Hall of Heroes also serves as a stage for certification, requiring players have a loadout of a set star level to advance, much like the Spiral Warden’s requirements in subtowns.

Prestige Missions
    Prestige Missions are offered to you daily and can only be completed once. These missions reward you with ‘prestige’ which acts as a running score attached to your knight.

Expansion Missions
    Expansion Missions are bonus missions that can be unlocked with energy. Expansion Missions, like Rank Missions, feature set rewards and can be played as often as you like once unlocked. Some expansion missions are in fact a ‘pack’ of missions and provide you with a version for different tiers that feature unique rewards.

Arcade Missions
    Arcade Missions provide you with the convenience of creating and joining parties in the Arcade directly from the mission interface. However, the Arcade must still be visited to deposit minerals.

The Supply Depot
    The Supply Depot is a new feature that is connected to the mission interface. The Supply Depot is a place where players can purchase items associated with missions for energy. This includes accessories, weapons, gear, upgrades and even energy packs.

One of the things we’ve learned from player feedback and our data is that item availability is an issue for many new players. Finding what you need is important and the Supply Depot will allow you to never miss the item you need.

However, items in the Supply Depot must be earned. Items are added to your personal Supply Depot as you rank up.

Lastly, it's worth noting that the Supply Depot is built to exist in a world where crafting and unbinding is an important part of Spiral Knights. It is our expectation that the players that choose to use the Supply Depot will be active crafters, unbinders and Auction House patrons like our current players.

Mission Teasers
    A lot of missions are on the way, here’s a quick list of some of the things to expect:
    - Braving the Soldier’s Graveyard outside of Haven to pay respects to an unknown knight
    - Facing the deadly new ‘battlepods’ that can take the form of anything from mecha knight production machines to poison fume generators
    - Rescuing imprisoned knights from a gremlin prison and battling alongside them as you make your escape
    - Taking on the ultimate arena in a monstrous bulwark that protects the Firestorm Citadel
    - Exploring a mysterious statuary of trojans and discovering their terrible origin
    - Laying siege on the hidden castle of the Crimson Order’s weapon master
    BrideOfVanaduke

Re: More insight on the mission system.

Post  BrideOfVanaduke on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Omg now you made me excited Smile) Looks like i might be wrong after all, and these new updates could be something we all missed so much.

However, im curious how much CE these new features are going to cost... I hope this they are not like Shadow Lair, when you have to buy a stupid key for almost 2kCE Smile
    Rajesh

Post  Rajesh on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:16 pm

BrideOfVanaduke wrote:Omg now you made me excited Smile) Looks like i might be wrong after all, and these new updates could be something we all missed so much.

However, im curious how much CE these new features are going to cost... I hope this they are not like Shadow Lair, when you have to buy a stupid key for almost 2kCE Smile

I agree so we better start saving up Very Happy
    SeratedGrin

Post  SeratedGrin on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:26 pm

From what it looks like they might be redoing almost everything.
    If thats the case I doubt they will make the ones that cost CE too much.
    Though they do have a bad habit of doing this.
    Schwarze

Post  Schwarze on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:56 am

Personally I think that this is just too much content for them to reasonably cordon off. Yeah, there was a big rage over Shadow Lairs when we learned they were CE-accessed, but in retrospect they're only a small amount of content for a specific niche.
    This update would address the general lack of direction to the game, and cutting out all the free or otherwise less business-savvy players would consequently deprive them of a reason to play, if the ones you can come up with now aren't good enough.
    Hoping that I'm right, I think it's gonna be a free or otherwise affordable system.
    BrideOfVanaduke

Post  BrideOfVanaduke on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:18 pm

Schwarze wrote:Personally I think that this is just too much content for them to reasonably cordon off. Yeah, there was a big rage over Shadow Lairs when we learned they were CE-accessed, but in retrospect they're only a small amount of content for a specific niche.
    This update would address the general lack of direction to the game, and cutting out all the free or otherwise less business-savvy players would consequently deprive them of a reason to play, if the ones you can come up with now aren't good enough.
    Hoping that I'm right, I think it's gonna be a free or otherwise affordable system.

I really hope so, because if poor players start leaving, there will be noone to dive into Clockworks with Smile Also, i have to agree that the upcoming update seems to be so huge that i can almost sense the amount of bugs and glitches and unbalanced stuff they will throw at us Smile

I also think they should lower the price for Shadow Lair key. 1800CE is just... too much. What was supposed to be a challenging place, turned into something you visit once, craft armor and never go back, because it is so not worth it.

P.S. The best part of what SeratedGrin posted earlier, imo, is:
    SeratedGrin wrote:Laying siege on the hidden castle of the Crimson Order’s weapon master
    I really hope this is going to be a new T3 boss. Because im getting allergic to FSC Very Happy
    SeratedGrin

Post  SeratedGrin on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:20 pm

The pictures show a boss icon.
    Very Happy
    Schwarze

Post  Schwarze on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:02 pm

It's a scary thought though, no?
    I mean the Crimson Order is set to be Tinkinzar's personal army, and we have to face a single one of them, and by the looks of it, it's a boss. Imagine if we ever have a T4 and Crimson Order are common.
    Cleverpun

Post  Cleverpun on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:14 pm

I read in a previous post about the mission system from Nick that mission based dives would have the same elevator costs as regular arcade runs. If this is the case then us misty types will still be able to enjoy them without a problem
    Schwarze

Post  Schwarze on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:29 am

Technically the elevators in SL's also cost the same amount of energy (:
    Shinigami

Post  Shinigami on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:31 pm

T4 spoiler: jelly cubes are replaced with jelly kings, wolvers are replaced with alphas, alphas - with snarbolaxes, normal gun puppies - with roarmulus puppies, trojans - with vanadukes. Best part: any attack inflicts curse! Fun everywhere you step!
    Just kidding.

Played around with missions on test server, its nice. Wait for it, don't quit just yet Razz
    Rajesh

Post  Rajesh on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Shinigami wrote:T4 spoiler: jelly cubes are replaced with jelly kings, wolvers are replaced with alphas, alphas - with snarbolaxes, normal gun puppies - with roarmulus puppies, trojans - with vanadukes. Best part: any attack inflicts curse! Fun everywhere you step!
    Just kidding.

Those test servers can be so nice! But hopefully if we wait long enough it will be real... Btw Very Happy

Shinigami wrote:T4 spoiler: jelly cubes are replaced with jelly kings, wolvers are replaced with alphas, alphas - with snarbolaxes, normal gun puppies - with roarmulus puppies, trojans - with vanadukes. Best part: any attack inflicts curse! Fun everywhere you step!
    Just kidding.

Sick dream! That would be awesome to try

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:03 am