Welcome mortal, to the realm of the great Valkyrie Knights! You will find amongst our ranks only the finest adventurers ever to set foot on Cradle. Stay a while, and bask in our glory.

Is it smart to sheild cancel with guns, and anyone got tips for a newish gunner in LD?

Thefalen

Is it smart to sheild cancel with guns, and anyone got tips for a newish gunner in LD?

Post  Thefalen on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:57 am

Title says it all, but would it be useful to have a sword as a last resort like FF in my gunner loadout? scratch

Last edited by Thefalen on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Thefalen

Bump

Post  Thefalen on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:55 am

*Bump* Twisted Evil
    Schwarze

Re: Is it smart to sheild cancel with guns, and anyone got tips for a newish gunner in LD?

Post  Schwarze on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:50 am

First off, yes it is smart to shield cancel. Depends on the gun though. Say you're using a Callahan or Alchemer, then the shield cancel will make it easier to split one shot from the other. This will stop you from having to reload and leaves you less at risk. With a lighter gun, 3 shots or more, you can just keep shooting two shots then stopping without having to shield cancel and you'll still be able to keep up a constant fire rate.
    As for a sword, you probably don't want something as whimsical as an FF. If you're stuck against bots or jellies and need that sword... You're done for. I'd suggest something more versatile like a Levi, or at least a split damage weapon.
    Lastly, this is in the wrong section!
    Aarcanewizard
    Admin

Re: Is it smart to sheild cancel with guns, and anyone got tips for a newish gunner in LD?

Post  Aarcanewizard on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:58 am

Just realized the post was about Lock Down. Pay no heed to me.

Aarcane
    ScreamingNutz

Post  ScreamingNutz on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Humph, surprised I missed this post.... W.e, I shall help.
    I'm not exactly a gunner, BUT I have killed/been killed by enough to get something out of it. Gunning is all about playing "keep away" where all you do is stand back and pick them off where they can't hit you.

The usual class for gunners goes as this:
    -Shadowsun Set (DMG VH)
    -Either gun ASI or Heart trinkets
    -Striker (Speedy, gets you away)
    -Umbra Driver/Sentenza (Shadow gun; does massive DMG)
    -Polaris (Troll gun, pushes back fairly well and causes shock)
    -Valiance (Better than you expect)
    -Any other "Driver" gun OR argent peacemaker OR a sword (usually BTB/FF)
    As for UVs, you're going to want to get some ASI+ to match the DMG bonus from your suit.

Gameplay is usual, keep them away and take pot shots to kill. In the case of the drivers, take one shot then shield cancel, it prevents the reload delay between each shot. When moving into a new capture point, lead with Polaris to create a wall that will usually push back the enemies. Once in, use the right forth right job (shadow gun vs skolver, elemental gun vs snarbs, etc). If you are ever too close to an enemy and have bo shield, use the sword to pick them off. Finally, AUTO AIM helps.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:23 am