Valkyrie Knights

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome mortal, to the realm of the great Valkyrie Knights! You will find amongst our ranks only the finest adventurers ever to set foot on Cradle. Stay a while, and bask in our glory.

+3
johndiesel
Axirts
Redpula
7 posters

The old days of Spiral knights

Redpula
    Redpula

The old days of Spiral knights Empty The old days of Spiral knights

Post  Redpula Mon May 14, 2012 5:26 pm

Well you guys know that I'm 1 years old on sk last April I will say
    1. There was no people at town yes all the ppl at bazaar
    2. Jelly king is very hard
    3.Almost the player were using vog and grey owlite shield
    4.there was no auction house yes 4* weapon are like 500ce and 5* weapon are 2500ce
    5.there was no twins and snabolax
    6.basil sucks well he still sucks
    7.Fish was trying to eat octane and milkman Yes fish don't use the word RICH he use I will eat your eyeballs
    8.Recipes are 40k and crating fee is 300ce damn cheap.
    9.there was no pvp
    10.There was many Rookies
    [right][left][i]
    Axirts
    Axirts

The old days of Spiral knights Empty Re: The old days of Spiral knights

Post  Axirts Tue May 15, 2012 12:32 am

don't forget looping arenas
    johndiesel
    johndiesel

Post  johndiesel Tue May 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Jelly King has been seriously nerfed! If you keep them on fire, you're done in two minutes nowadays. I remember struggling to beat it unless you had a full four to take him down.

Also, funny thing about the Auction House. Just from September until now, its gotten ridiculous... you can STRAIGHT UP BUY four star weapons ready to go! Insane.
    Fishace
    Fishace

Post  Fishace Tue May 15, 2012 4:17 pm

In addition,

U can buy any weapons from others without crafting fee....

And lastly, until now im the poorest person in SK... And sadly im playing this game for a year now too.
    BrideOfVanaduke
    BrideOfVanaduke

Post  BrideOfVanaduke Tue May 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Playing this game for a year too Smile Here are mine two cents:

1) Graveyards were insane. Everybody was just speedrunning them, with usually only 1-2 making to the elevator, barely alive
    2) CE was 5k crowns
    3) When they released the game on Steam, CE price went down to only 3k - 3.5k crowns. You could sell a 2* recipe for 8k crowns, and 3* for 20k crowns, due to a high demand.
    4) People were doing only 3 rooms on JK depth 16, because it was too hard to do all four.
    5) I got kicked from parties for openining Danger rooms, because it was too hard to do them without multiple energy revives.
    6) If you had Fang of Vog, you have been an SK God. People were inspecting you and commenting on how awesome your skill was, because Vana was so damn hard.
    7) FSC was hard. Vanaduke was very hard. Nobody was using Shiver + Blitz, we didnt know about that technique. AP was the way to go.
    Cool During a Vanaduke fight. we had to use a trick when one of the party members just bumped zombies into the top right corner, making them stuck there. That way Vanaduke never summoned new zombies/Guards, unless sombody was stupid enough to kill zombies.
    9) There was another trick, when you stood in the corner, holding a water ball. When Vanaduke rushed into you, you dropped the water and moved aside, making Vana stuck behind the newly spawned water ball.
    10) During the last D27 FSC fight, we used totems from the earlier fight to block off Trojans near the gate.
    Fishace
    Fishace

Post  Fishace Thu May 17, 2012 2:16 am

LOL nice i kinda miss all of those LOL Very Happy unlike now everything is Neutral LOL
    Darkhelm
    Darkhelm

Post  Darkhelm Fri May 18, 2012 4:45 am

My year was a month after Sp started I was under a different name then Darkhelm didn't come until June that year and I've been hooked ever since
    Now though it feels different its not the same to me
    I had a lot of good friends back then some are still with us not many
    Sp was so bright and new then and ..............
    ScreamingNutz
    ScreamingNutz

Post  ScreamingNutz Wed May 23, 2012 1:06 am

I'm almost reaching my first year so I May as well contribute:
    -JK was hard as balls.
    -FSC was like the hardest thing known to man
    -CE was around 5k
    -No CE promotions
    -What's an accessory?
    -What be this PvP magic?
    -There's something harder than FSC?! (SLs)
    -MIssions? Wrong game buddy.
    -Vanilla was just as good as UV'd
    -Arenas were the s***
    -Vog and Azure were the best
    -FoV was the god weapon
    -Haven 1 was the trade channel
    -The DA was actually useful

It's been a good run, but lately sh**'s been falling apart. People leaving every other week, same old routine, really REALLY stupid updates. Iunno, I'll still play but not to the liking that I had before.
    Darkhelm
    Darkhelm

Post  Darkhelm Wed May 23, 2012 4:39 am

I remember my first 5 star the vog set i thought it was awesome and the leviathan blade and the Aegis shield and the Argent peacemaker sweet
    Redpula
    Redpula

Post  Redpula Fri May 25, 2012 5:13 pm

I forgot to put The elevator going to jk well depth 14 was the hardest part yes it's the flame ash arena there was no ppl using tooth pics and almost the ppl are
    DA users (DA to wolvers) yes almost the party fails at flame ash arena its the hardest arena in my world
    Redpula
    Redpula

Post  Redpula Fri May 25, 2012 5:24 pm

And there was no weapon called TROLLARIS (Polaris ) and Polaris gives a head ache because the bullet is slow
    BrideOfVanaduke
    BrideOfVanaduke

Post  BrideOfVanaduke Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:58 pm

Just a couple of things i remembered:

1. We couldnt switch loadouts before each depth. The only place we were able to do so was at Basil.
    2. On FSC depth 25, we had to use some special tactics to beat rooms at right-top and and left-top. Because that transparent field is a bit glitched and you can sometimes shoot through it, we had to run into the room, trigger all zombies and Trojans, run out of the room, wait till the mobs come to that field and shoot them. Trojans also killed half of the zombies themselves, lol
    3. You could make good money on selling recipes.
    4. Flame souls cost enormous money, because you needed them for crafting Vogs and they were so hard to get.
    5. There were no damage/ctr/asi trinkets. The only useful trinkets were the Heart Pendants, but yet again, you couldnt craft them yourself. Heart Pendants were available at the Guild Hall in Beta, but then OOO removed that option. So after that, Pendats became very rare and expensive items.
    6. Zombies were faster. OOO released a patch in Autumn that lowered their speed, making them much easier.
    7. Zombies didnt bite after the jump like they do now.
    8. There are no enemies in the game at this moment that can cause a sleep effect. but back in the days, while crafting you could get a Sleep status resistance UV. Imagine - rage crafting wolvers and getting Sleep Max. What a waste of money, lol
    9. UVs were rare. I know that last Autumn one guy bought a Grey Feather Armor(or Helmet, i dont remember exactly) for 600$. It had double Max UV on it. Imagine the disappointment when OOO released the patch that allowed locking UVs, lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:36 am