Welcome mortal, to the realm of the great Valkyrie Knights! You will find amongst our ranks only the finest adventurers ever to set foot on Cradle. Stay a while, and bask in our glory.

Zinqf - Flawless Victory Boss Kill Videos

Zinqf

Zinqf - Flawless Victory Boss Kill Videos

Post  Zinqf on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:13 pm

Clean Solo Kills - Can link these for guild promotion, use as guides, or smack em down with your own "Flawless Victory" style video that outdoes what I have here =)

Snarbolax ---> 51 seconds ---> No damage taken in the fight duration.
    Twins ---> **1 minute 41 seconds** ---> No items used, full health at end of fight.
    JK ---> 1 minute 20 seconds ---> No damage taken in the fight duration.
    Vana ---> Not at a perfect run here yet, mostly because its a long fight.

Uploaded videos on the *Edit 3* cleanest runs so far...
    Snarbolax ---> /watch?v=x4VCClBYkhY
    Royal Jelly ---> /watch?v=yhtELU9gjjg
    Roarmulus Twins ---> /watch?v=3AP7x1l8Wag *Updated to 1:41 Run*
    Shinigami

Re: Zinqf - Flawless Victory Boss Kill Videos

Post  Shinigami on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:56 pm

To be honest I'd prefer a "speedrun" on jelly king rather than "no damage" approach. My fastest on JK is 36 seconds (from button press to jelly boom, in a party) and I have some ideas on how to make it faster.
    As for snarlborax - I don't see much reason for "flawless" kill, just make it fast and in proto gear Twisted Evil time it takes to kill it also depends on how soon it comes to you.
    Twins also have some independent (from players) elements that make speedrun out of question - time it takes to kill twins depends on how soon they line up, I was in a run where one puppy just refused to line up with another puppy for several minutes straight on the first stage (where one puppy is moving and another is not).
    As for vanaduke, I already have a 6 minute long fight (precisely 6 minutes) where nobody dies, and in my opinion its good enough as it is (someone had extra health pills left). Speedrun is not out of question, but the only two areas we could improve are the amount of bullets that is put in vanaduke and... doing this with our guild Razz this game was recorded while playing with friends, none of which belong to our guild.

As for clean solo kills - that promotes player, not guild. Its the teamwork that promotes players or guilds, not solo kills.

Zinqf wrote:Clean Solo Kills - Can link these for guild promotion, use as guides, or smack em down with your own "Flawless Victory" style video that outdoes what I have here =)

Snarbolax ---> 51 seconds ---> No damage taken in the fight duration.
    Twins ---> **1 minute 41 seconds** ---> No items used, full health at end of fight.
    JK ---> 1 minute 20 seconds ---> No damage taken in the fight duration.
    Vana ---> Not at a perfect run here yet, mostly because its a long fight.

Uploaded videos on the *Edit 3* cleanest runs so far...
    Snarbolax ---> /watch?v=x4VCClBYkhY
    Royal Jelly ---> /watch?v=yhtELU9gjjg
    Roarmulus Twins ---> /watch?v=3AP7x1l8Wag *Updated to 1:41 Run*
    Schwarze

Post  Schwarze on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:03 pm

As a proud soloist, I'd like to say that the best I've seen also adapt their skills to the team. I'd even go as to say they're better.
    I started off entirely on my own, I refused to rely on anyone else. Like any other game, actually. That means you'll never be dependant on anyone else in the clockworks. It's just you and your allies who should hopefully be as independant.
    But I guess that in a sense that brings up 'responsibility' to compensate for their lack of independance?

-Edit-

And come on, in the long run, who wins?
    The guy who rushes all the time and takes a million hits or the guy who never gets hit?
    Zinqf

Post  Zinqf on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:08 pm

To be honest I'd prefer a "speedrun" on jelly king rather than "no damage" approach. My fastest on JK is 36 seconds (from button press to jelly boom, in a party) and I have some ideas on how to make it faster.
    The idea of a JK speedrun goes completely out the window when a player uses 4 well placed FoV charged hits to end the fight in 18 seconds.
    /watch?v=AbXoQ8odFb8 <-------
    (**Edit: How many speedruns of JK do you see? How many "No damage taken" runs do you see? Which requires more skill? 4 shotting with FoV as you almost burn to death or finessing a kill without getting hit?)
    Twins also have some independent (from players) elements that make speedrun out of question - time it takes to kill twins depends on how soon they line up, I was in a run where one puppy just refused to line up with another puppy for several minutes straight on the first stage (where one puppy is moving and another is not).
    I ran into this problem when I was fighting them...and I figured out an outside the box way to deal with it. If you watched the both the 1:41 and 1:51 videos, you'd realize my strat bypasses the dreaded Phase 1.5. Innovative? Well that's why you learn from it instead of saying a speedrun is out of the question. As a result, both of my twins runs are faster than anyone elses by a mile. And because of this, there might be others who may beat this time.
    As for vanaduke, I already have a 6 minute long fight (precisely 6 minutes) where nobody dies, and in my opinion its good enough as it is

Why? There's a speedrun of players doing this fight in under 2 minutes with no one dying. You can't "crave" a speedrun somewhere and then disregard a speedrun somewhere else.
    As for clean solo kills - that promotes player, not guild. Its the teamwork that promotes players or guilds, not solo kills.
    People identify guilds through players. Solo videos promote BOTH player and guild. You are talking about guild runs using teamwork in a game in which all content can be soloed!

There are things that require a guild family of players using teamwork, such as PvP...which I look forward too BTW. But outside of speed running vanaduke, there isn't a PvE promotional video unless you are showing family runs where you are helping weaker players in your guild progress.

The PvE design of the game was the reason that joining a guild seemed pointless at first. "If you can solo all the content, what does a guild help you do?". But guilds do have other uses!

Guilds help out new players and make them better
    Guilds can organize PvP in Lockdown
    There's a social aspect of guilds that's handy
    Skipping useless depth levels and getting to boss fights / arenas etc is alot easier with a guild.
    There will be a new t3 boss, progression runs are safer with a group.
    And come on, in the long run, who wins?
    The guy who rushes all the time and takes a million hits or the guy who never gets hit?
    Both win if the first guy has enough CE to revive =)
    Shinigami

Post  Shinigami on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:49 pm

Schwarze wrote:And come on, in the long run, who wins?
    In the long run the guy who rushes to kill the boss wins. And its the same reason I don't like the idea of "flawless" runs - waste of time. Next level is town, you are healed, as long as you don't die it does not matter how much damage you take.
    At the same time our life isn't unlimited, if I finish my runs 15 minutes sooner, I get 15 minutes for other things Wink

So to me the faster the better Smile

At the same time, lack of "no damage" runs does not mean they're harder, it can also mean they're slower and more boring as a result.

Thanks for the 18 seconds link, really interesting Very Happy
    Schwarze

Post  Schwarze on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Bah, whatever floats your boat. I'm just gonna drop it instead of retorting with the same kind of answer (:
    Shinigami

Post  Shinigami on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:21 pm

Schwarze wrote:Bah, whatever floats your boat. I'm just gonna drop it instead of retorting with the same kind of answer (:
    afro
    Schwarze

Post  Schwarze on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Quite a 'fro you've got there!
    Shinigami

Post  Shinigami on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:23 pm

Schwarze wrote:Quite a 'fro you've got there!
    A'fro FTW! afro
    Shinigami

Post  Shinigami on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:07 pm

Not a no-damage-taken run, just 2-star roarmulus twins run with no deaths.
    1st try in 2-star gear afro
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIjLLwOVh6o

My pumpkin vid got more than 200 views now pirat
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czb5tFG656Q
    Zinqf

Post  Zinqf on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:52 pm

I dropped a like on the vid.

As for no-damage or full health twins, I think I have 6 of those, one of them being my 2 star run that's been up for a bit.

I'm interested in a twins that beats my 1:41. I know its possible for me to get 60 seconds or under 1:05 if I can close phase 2 as quick as phase 1 and 3 in my 1:51 run (yes, I have two speedruns up lol).

As for the new JK, go for it. It'll be alot easier to do, but its still worthy of posting for sure.

**EDIT** Also saw the Punkin vid too, its actually over 500 views now =)

Last edited by Zinqf on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ddgom

Post  Ddgom on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:32 pm

My pumpkin vid got more than 200 views now pirat
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czb5tFG656Q

I'm in that vid! xD xD xD
    lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:01 am