Valkyrie Knights

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome mortal, to the realm of the great Valkyrie Knights! You will find amongst our ranks only the finest adventurers ever to set foot on Cradle. Stay a while, and bask in our glory.

+2
Rajesh
Cleverpun
6 posters

Shadow Lair equip advice

Cleverpun
    Cleverpun

Shadow Lair equip advice Empty Shadow Lair equip advice

Post  Cleverpun Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:32 pm

My friend is planning a SL snarb run, and I'm not confident about my equips. I'm also too broke to afford a proper set solely for this run, so I was hoping everyone here could give me some advice on what to bring and what not to.

Equipment I have that may be appropriate (with or without upgrade);

Crown of the Fallen (shadow low)
    Rock Jelly Helm

Divine Mantle (normal low)
    Ashtail Coat

Dragon Scale Shield
    Volcanic Plate Shield (ele high, peirce low)
    Dark Thorn Shield

Barbarous Thorn Blade (beast low)
    Divine Avenger
    Khorovod (construct low)
    Fang of Vog (beast low) <- lol

Firotech Alchemer

Radiant Sun Shards
    Fiery Vaporizer
    Electron Bomb

Tri Heart Pendant x2
    Quick Strike Module
    Bomb Focus Module

Any and all advice would be appreciated. Except telling me I'm doomed P:

Last edited by Cleverpun on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Rajesh
    Rajesh

Shadow Lair equip advice Empty SL

Post  Rajesh Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Yuk, I did this many times before and I will admit I failed most of em but thinking I went 7 time (fact maybe eight) I did win like 4 times and I had time to test equips etc. I always took the same gear : azure guardian helm (poison low) and divine mantle. I took a volcanic plate shield and it didn't always do its job. what was most weird is that when I won the last time I took A 4* SHIELD dark thorn shield and we did it fine because I kept it up all times when I wasn't attacking so no surprises could kill me. I took a barbarous thorn blade as well also a Polaris also a divine avenger and my life saver a shiver mist burster with a awesome UV CTR high which saved me a lot. the first depth is the hardest but the rest is EASY I consider it a vortex bomb wont help you at all just on the snarbolax battle.
    Axirts
    Axirts

Shadow Lair equip advice Empty Re: Shadow Lair equip advice

Post  Axirts Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:36 am

I was just invited on my first SL two days ago. Originally it was 3 people (me included) from VK who's first time it was to SL and a guy from Nightmare who was "running" us through it. Before the end of the first floor one VK disconnected so it ended up being 3 of us. We managed to do it without a single ce revive and I still had mist at the end. It is really up to how your team works. I don't remember who but someone said practice by having a vana run before it without dying. It's a good idea.

This is the gear I used:

Crown of Fallen
    Ash Tail Coat: pierce med*
    Aegis: shadow low
    DA
    BTB
    Polaris

*The other VK that stayed and I only had 4* armor that had pierce resist, the guy from Nightmare said 4* pierce > 5* no pierce
    **No uv unless stated
    **I also had no trinkets

Just make sure in your group you have at least 2 shivermists, 2 DAs, and and 2 Polaris'. Also everyone should have a "fencing sword"
    (BTB, Final Flourish, etc)

There were really no status effects down there. Poison isn't too bad and aside from that it's rare to get burned/stunned/frozen/etc. Don't prioritize status resists over pierce defence.

As stated before, SL really is about teamwork. You have to know when to revive and when to wait to revive people. You also have to be able to count on the bombers to freeze at the appropriate time and place and you have to trust that the people with the DAs and Polaris' don't shoot enemies into you.

From the stuff you mentioned I would recommend
    CoF
    Ash tail
    DTS Edit* try to finish this but as Rajesh said, it's quite possible with 4*
    DA
    BTB

... is there any way you could get Polaris, AP, or a Shiver as your 3rd weapon?

AND YOU'RE NOT DOOMED!

Last edited by Axirts on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Axirts
    Axirts

Post  Axirts Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:49 am

Oh and I just remembered, the guy from Knightmare is Timbalero. I'm sure there are a lot in VK that can give you more advice but if you need, and he's not busy, I'm sure he'd help you out. GL and HF!
    Cleverpun
    Cleverpun

Post  Cleverpun Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:37 pm

Thank you both very much for your advice! I feel more confident about our chances now.

I also have to ask; Does the Sanctuary alchemy machine include every SL recipe regardless of which shadow lair you complete? I don't think I bought this Gremlonium for nothing, but I'd like to be sure.
    Axirts
    Axirts

Post  Axirts Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:59 pm

Yep, and you can change your gear in in both the sanctuary and the shadow level before it.
    Aarcanewizard
    Aarcanewizard
    Admin

Shadow Lair equip advice Empty As a matter of fact...

Post  Aarcanewizard Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:01 pm

Yes, it does but depending on what Lair your doing, you won't have the necessary mats you need to make everything you wanted. I was there and got a mat although valuable, was useless for what I wanted to craft. Luckily I have a good guild that was there for me at my time of need. (Special thanks to Fishace and Halowarriorz are due here.)

Aarcane
    Shinigami
    Shinigami

Post  Shinigami Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:35 pm

Firstly, when you plan a shadow lair run, I recommend doing it from tier 2 for +10-12 vitapods and extra pills. Tier 3 first levels will only get you +6-9 vitas (and you can buy a +6 one from a vendor at 18).
    Secondly, make sure at least one of the teammates is experienced at shadow lair snarbolax run. A team that listens helps a lot.

About equipment.
    From my own experience, what works best in shadow snarbolax run:
    Armor:
    Radiant Silvermail (shadow/piercing defense + poison resist)
    Skolver (normal/piercing def + damage bonus)

Helmet:
    Crown of the fallen (normal/shadow + poison + small ASI)
    Skolver

Shield:
    BTS (barbarous thorn blade - normal/piercing + damage bonus med)
    Crest of Almire (coa, normal/shadow)

Best combo, IMO:
    Crown of the Fallen + Radiant Silvermail + BTS. Half piercing def + max shadow def + half normal def + piercing shield + VH damage bonus vs undead + low ASI bonus. BTS is a must, IMO. I did several runs with and without it and it makes a huge difference at the boss stage.
    Full Skolver+BTS works well vs boss, but makes it hard to reach that boss. Full Fallen + CoA makes it easy to reach the boss but the boss will keep you dead.

Most monsters in shadow snarbolax lair do shadow damage (howling puppies, zombies, spookats), some deal piercing (wolvers), few deal elemental (only lumbers, but there are few so just gun them).

Weapons are a pretty much simple choice, 4 weapon slots are preferred:
    Piercing sword (barbarous thorn blade - btb, final flourish, rigadoon)
    DA (divine avenger)
    any elemental-based gun (or AP if it works for you)
    shivermist buster (must-have)

Optional things that help:
    attack speed bonus (UVs or trinkets or both, piercing sword with ultra ASI (medx2 trinkets + crown of the fallen) keeps alpha wolver busy being killed - it won't even strike back)
    damage bonus (med trinket will do since you have VH damage bonus on undead)
    CTR (charge time reduced) for DA and freeze bomb (spam with DA charge and freeze bomb - makes life easier)

And remember: its better to "waste" 1200 CE on making a radiant silvermail, which you will keep and sell or use in future runs, than waste 450 ce on key + 700 ce on revives and fail the run in the end.
    Cleverpun
    Cleverpun

Post  Cleverpun Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Once again thanks everyone for your advice, thanks to you Round in particular for recommending RSM.

This is the gear I'm going to use;

CotF- Shad low
    Radiant Silvermail

BTS

BTB- beast low
    DA- fiend low
    Magma Driver
    DBB

Elite Quick Strike
    Tri heart

I'll probably be doing it sometime later this week, everyone wish me luck Smile

Last edited by Cleverpun on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rajesh
    Rajesh

Post  Rajesh Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:31 pm

This is good advice. I have completed to make snarbolax set, ice queen set and mecruial demo set. They are all cool. Now i just need to make a heavenly set. I hope this counts to be a Valkyrie
    Curseoftheblade
    Curseoftheblade

Post  Curseoftheblade Tue May 01, 2012 11:08 pm

I have done 1 shadow lair so far. You guys are all hardcore but sometimes simlistic works good also Very Happy

On the time i went on i had;

Crest of alimire - no uv

BTB - no uv

Vog cub cap - no uv

Skolver coat - pierce resistance low

Seerus's Warhammer 5* - no uv

no modules

We had me, a guy who solo's SL's, and a 4*. We all died once for sure but not very much in general. Best advice is like what axirts said, "get someone who has expirence" or something like that

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:18 am