Valkyrie Knights

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome mortal, to the realm of the great Valkyrie Knights! You will find amongst our ranks only the finest adventurers ever to set foot on Cradle. Stay a while, and bask in our glory.

+5
fourtarkus
Faber
Cleverpun
Rajesh
Whitelancer
9 posters

World Lockdown Tournament <<<

Whitelancer
    Whitelancer
    Admin

World Lockdown Tournament <<< Empty World Lockdown Tournament <<<

Post  Whitelancer Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:10 pm

What should we do?

forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/38721
    Rajesh
    Rajesh

World Lockdown Tournament <<< Empty Re: World Lockdown Tournament <<<

Post  Rajesh Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:48 pm

Wow this would be FUN. But there are some problems, if we use star players like Sushh, Badworm or anyone else they have to be our members for 1 year. One of the best players, Sushh, is owned by his guild so i doubt we can get him.

Est 5 pm? What is this time in comparison to GMT + 0. Reasearching it is 10PM I think. Correct me if not.
    This is way to late for me. Sad

I cannot participate in this. Although it would be fun. At the moment we are an awesome guild. Today me and White recruited about 5 people and got a yes from 3.
    But 10pm is too late for me, the date is perfect but it wont work for me.

If you chose a team, White you have to be in it and you have to be the leader Very Happy. Good luck. Remember the following equip is a MUST

4 striker players: Equip preferably be all skolver UV's if possible. Optional of trinklets either Attack speed increase medium 2, Penta heart pendants 2, Attack speed increase medium 1 + Penta heart pendant 1. Weapons must have a final flourish, Gran faust, Polaris and 1 more of choice.
    2 guardian players: Equip preferably be mix of skolver and vog, for both elemental and pierce defence and a bit of each status, UV's that can increase shock resistance will help. Optional trinklets but highly recommended as 2 penta hearts because you can survive much longer and protect.
    You can have a super supreme bomber instead of a striker, his/her equip can have Radiant sun shards, Nitronome, Voltaic tempest and one optional one, preferably not a shivermist burster because if its a competion most likely alot will have skolver on for ice defence.

I wish you all luck.

P.s. I recomend you steal Sushh from his guild before he joins them for the competion. If we have him we are guarantee in the top 3 if not first place. Also Badworm is a fave Very Happy Suspect
    Cleverpun
    Cleverpun

Post  Cleverpun Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:20 am

If they end up including T2 or T1 matches, I'd be happy to participate- I'm not the best LD player out there but I'd be happy to give it a try as long as it's not T3 Smile
    Faber
    Faber

Post  Faber Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:35 am

Awww too bad I cant participate....
    Rajesh
    Rajesh

Post  Rajesh Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:56 pm

Cleverpun wrote:If they end up including T2 or T1 matches, I'd be happy to participate- I'm not the best LD player out there but I'd be happy to give it a try as long as it's not T3 Smile

The entire team most likely will be Tier 3
    Cleverpun
    Cleverpun

Post  Cleverpun Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:08 am

r
    Update

We are expanding the World Lockdown Tournament to T2 and T1. The admin that will be supervising Tier 2 is Wlta-Oj, and the admin supervising Tier 1 is to be decided. Make sure you have six members all in the same guild. Then post your team on the forums, saying the guild name and the captain.
    Thanks,
    Wlta-Haz

So there's going to be a tournament for each tier, this sounds like a lot of fun.

If anyone else in the guild is prepared for T1 or T2 LD I'd be happy to be a part of those teams- We're allowed to enter one team per tier, according to the wiki page on it, so why not?
    Rajesh
    Rajesh

Post  Rajesh Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:23 pm

Wow, so we can get a team of full 3* gear so its just on the edge of t2. Bigger chance to win
    Cleverpun
    Cleverpun

Post  Cleverpun Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Rajesh wrote:Wow, so we can get a team of full 3* gear so its just on the edge of t2. Bigger chance to win

T2 and T1 are full of good players; I wouldn't say it's any easier than T3, and I would definitely warn against underestimating any player there. Getting decent gear is certainly less expensive, but there's other things to consider (mainly that all your weapons are less effective, both in damage and other effects like AoE for bombs)
    Rajesh
    Rajesh

Post  Rajesh Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:29 pm

Cleverpun wrote:
    Rajesh wrote:Wow, so we can get a team of full 3* gear so its just on the edge of t2. Bigger chance to win

T2 and T1 are full of good players; I wouldn't say it's any easier than T3, and I would definitely warn against underestimating any player there. Getting decent gear is certainly less expensive, but there's other things to consider (mainly that all your weapons are less effective, both in damage and other effects like AoE for bombs)

You are correct, it could be a challenge but if we are facing these problems then others will as well. If you ever play t1 Lockdown you will see that it is hard but if you got a strong weapon, noticing that almost NO 1* gear offers piercing/shadow defence a shadow weapon would be good or a pierce but I don't think there are any 1* weapons of those, the only option is elemental. A Hot edge will serve well like a static edge. If its for a tournament I can say with confidence not much people play tier 2 lockdown because they most likely have something 4* so they are put into tier 3. Either way cleverpun if 6 players in this guild can do it then lets try t1 or t2. BTW for t2 a shard bomb would be ACE for lockdown. I can't stress it...... ACE ACE ACE ACE long range high power ACE ACE ACE Good AoE Very Happy ACE ACE ACE ACE
    fourtarkus
    fourtarkus

Post  fourtarkus Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:20 am

Tier 1 is extremely interesting, but there is a lot of relatively useless equipment. Most notably, there are only four useful armors: Vitasuit, Circuit Breaker, Emberbreak, and Frostbreaker; the same goes for helmets. Weapons are valued almost entirely on the fact that there needs to be elemental damage, or a status effect. Because everyone is moving around so fast, there isn't much reliance on bombs, and coincidentally there is very little shiver/shock lock. The battles are intense and there is an equal reliance on all classes. Strikers quickly cap; Guardians provide safe havens, and Recons run amok. Here it's not uncommon to have a recon that molests the points with a pummel gun, and charge attacks are common place. I would describe T1 as the WNBA, where fundamentals rule and showboating is likely to get you toasted. Tier 1's small armament means that a balanced guild team is easier to create, and the opposing team only has so many different weapons. The appeal lies in the simplicity and just the plain reliance on tactics and environmental factors. A whole loadout can be purchased from the AH for less then a day's earnings, and can be leveled just as quickly. Not to mention that getting 1* trinkets are a game changer.

Tier 2 is like Little League. The interesting pierce weapons come out of the wood works, Snarble barbs, flourishes, pierce bombs and guns, all start to really put pressure on the armor classes to focus on status and pierce resist. Nightblades, the unsung heroes are waiting to kick ass. Reliance on Wolver/Dusker increases with the sword damage, and players strut their colorful menagerie of other armors as well. Shiver/Shock/Stun lock is in effect.

If I'm not playing Tier 3, then I'm in Tier 1, I find Tier 2 to be nauseating, because if I wanted that kind of action, I would just play Tier 3, it's also expensive to have a set of armor that won't be leveled up to Tier 3. I would love to run a Tier 1 guild, those battles would be sick. However, we would need to have everyone running Hypercam so we can share the excitement with the world.
    Cleverpun
    Cleverpun

Post  Cleverpun Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:53 pm

fourtarkus wrote:Tier 1 is extremely interesting, but there is a lot of relatively useless equipment. Most notably, there are only four useful armors: Vitasuit, Circuit Breaker, Emberbreak, and Frostbreaker; the same goes for helmets. Weapons are valued almost entirely on the fact that there needs to be elemental damage, or a status effect. Because everyone is moving around so fast, there isn't much reliance on bombs, and coincidentally there is very little shiver/shock lock. The battles are intense and there is an equal reliance on all classes. Strikers quickly cap; Guardians provide safe havens, and Recons run amok. Here it's not uncommon to have a recon that molests the points with a pummel gun, and charge attacks are common place. I would describe T1 as the WNBA, where fundamentals rule and showboating is likely to get you toasted. Tier 1's small armament means that a balanced guild team is easier to create, and the opposing team only has so many different weapons. The appeal lies in the simplicity and just the plain reliance on tactics and environmental factors. A whole loadout can be purchased from the AH for less then a day's earnings, and can be leveled just as quickly. Not to mention that getting 1* trinkets are a game changer.

Tier 2 is like Little League. The interesting pierce weapons come out of the wood works, Snarble barbs, flourishes, pierce bombs and guns, all start to really put pressure on the armor classes to focus on status and pierce resist. Nightblades, the unsung heroes are waiting to kick ass. Reliance on Wolver/Dusker increases with the sword damage, and players strut their colorful menagerie of other armors as well. Shiver/Shock/Stun lock is in effect.

If I'm not playing Tier 3, then I'm in Tier 1, I find Tier 2 to be nauseating, because if I wanted that kind of action, I would just play Tier 3, it's also expensive to have a set of armor that won't be leveled up to Tier 3. I would love to run a Tier 1 guild, those battles would be sick. However, we would need to have everyone running Hypercam so we can share the excitement with the world.

Well summed Four. I'd agree on every point except the summary of T2- most of my T2 loadout is boss rewards (quicksilver set, static capacitor line, snarble barb line), plus a few recipes I already knew (troika line, Sun shards line) and either heart pendants (cheap) or defense trinkets (cheaper). Lots of T2 players use a Sealed Sword and brute jelly items for their ease of acquisition as well.
    its surprisingly affordable.

Ultimately I prefer T2 because you get equipment that actually works, and theres much more room for experimentation than T3- encountering that lone nightblade/shadowtech/angelic guy, or even rarer a poison needle duo, is refreshing in a way that T3 can never be, because easier to obtain equips means an ultimately greater item selection, and this game is about the gear after all. My only issue with LD in general is the lack of teamwork, which obviously guild lockdown addresses Wink
    SweetDoug
    SweetDoug

Post  SweetDoug Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Until they open a server closer to Brazil I'm lagged so I'm one step back always. Anyway i still need to work on my equipment UVs

Good luck for us on the tournament!
    Rajesh
    Rajesh

Post  Rajesh Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:28 pm

SweetDoug wrote:Until they open a server closer to Brazil I'm lagged so I'm one step back always. Anyway i still need to work on my equipment UVs

Good luck for us on the tournament!

Is the team ready?
    Whitelancer
    Whitelancer
    Admin

Post  Whitelancer Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:41 pm

Yes

Kingkohli
    Michaelb
    Brideofvanaduke - Team Captain

Neocathero
    Bigkool
    Drodw
    BrideOfVanaduke
    BrideOfVanaduke

Post  BrideOfVanaduke Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:30 pm

Um what? Very Happy What team captain? Very Happy Seriously, what is going on? Very Happy
    Whitelancer
    Whitelancer
    Admin

Post  Whitelancer Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 pm

You will lead us to victory!
    zeronek
    zeronek

Post  zeronek Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:33 am

Just want to ask does it only involves one team for every guild or you can register two teams in one guild cuz it would be a good back up plan just in case for the guild LD.... Just a suggestion... =)
    Fishace
    Fishace

Post  Fishace Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:18 pm

i want to join too but what time is it if im in HK... im in HK on that time... on jan 14...
    Rajesh
    Rajesh

Post  Rajesh Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:29 pm

What about Badworm? Or Freezingflame?

Last edited by Rajesh on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hey, It just so happened that they released the tournaments in the EU at 6pm, I can enter that :D Good timing as well :D I'm so glad)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:18 am