Valkyrie Knights

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome mortal, to the realm of the great Valkyrie Knights! You will find amongst our ranks only the finest adventurers ever to set foot on Cradle. Stay a while, and bask in our glory.

4 posters

Remember that idea I had, about meleeing Vana...

Schwarze
    Schwarze

Remember that idea I had, about meleeing Vana... Empty Remember that idea I had, about meleeing Vana...

Post  Schwarze Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Well turns out the post got deleted somewhere somehow, so I'm making a new one since, after ages of procrastination, I bought a Plague Needle recipe and crafted it.

Sum up of what the deal is;
    I heard a few times (very few, but some of you gave me some interesting tidbits of info) that poison has a special effect on Vanaduke, which is that it stops him from respawning his orbiting fireballs after you put them out. However, last I checked, it's not mentionned more than twice on the forum and there are no videos (that I found anyways.) My mission is therefore to record a Vanaduke fight done with swords in all five phases, with a Plague Needle as support.

The immediate implications are that I need to find a nice group up lumbers and see how good the Plague Needle actually is at causing poison if I use volley after volley. After that, I'd like to assemble a suicide team to take on Vana with me gunning him.
    I say suicide team because there is no guarantee of success. At best, I'd like to get competent players (ABSOLUTELY NOT people who rely on Shiver/Blitz as a crutch) who don't mind losing the fight. However, I'd likely carry an extra 40 energy for the purpose of kickstarting the party in case it fails, so the fight can start completely anew.

More specific strategies will be brought up once the plan is in a later stage.

Last edited by Schwarze on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ddgom
    Ddgom

Remember that idea I had, about meleeing Vana... Empty Re: Remember that idea I had, about meleeing Vana...

Post  Ddgom Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:22 pm

depends on the timing but count me in if you want Smile sounds like a thing that'd be fun
    Schwarze
    Schwarze

Remember that idea I had, about meleeing Vana... Empty Re: Remember that idea I had, about meleeing Vana...

Post  Schwarze Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention another thing that was in my other post;
    Fame and glory, FIRST! and blah blah blah. The usual, you know?
    And hey, speedruns get boring after a while, at least this is different and original!
    Schwarze
    Schwarze

Post  Schwarze Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:58 am

Study update:

Can PN keep a target poisoned?
    -- Yes. A third stage lichen colony remains poisoned under constant fire until death (past the 10 second standard length.)
    However, it's to be seen how much I can afford to fire at Vana.

Do the fireballs really stay away if he's poisonned?
    - To see.

How do the fireballs react if Vana falls out of poison?
    - Do they instantly respawn?
    - Does the timer only reset to spawn them a few seconds later?
    Schwarze
    Schwarze

Post  Schwarze Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Currently, Ddgom and Whitelancer have offered help. There's room for one more participant.

For the moment, I'd like to know what are your time openings on friday through sunday, in server time. (If you don't know what the server time is I'm pretty sure it's show on the Arcade consoles for gates.)
    I might launch the first run this weekend, depening on how things work out.

I'm probably gonna record said run, so I can see what went wrong if something goes wrong, and also in the off chance that we pull it off well enough.

One reccomendation for the run, though: Take a light sword. Against a single enemy, a light sword is more potent than a heavy sword. In this case, Levi, Glacius/Combuster or perhaps a flourish are good.
    Schwarze
    Schwarze

Post  Schwarze Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:14 am

Cased closed! Ddgom, Screamingnutz and I took the time to start a run and tested the poison trick. Sadly Vanaduke decided to be a big buzzkill by refusing to halt his fireballs under poison. So we were scrambled because we weren't quite prepared D: We killed him eventually anyways.

Anyways, many thanks to my two dedicated assistants in this :3

Here's Scream running away before I could snap a shot :>
    Remember that idea I had, about meleeing Vana... Spiral10
    ScreamingNutz
    ScreamingNutz

Post  ScreamingNutz Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:39 am

Man I wasn't in pic xD
    Rajesh
    Rajesh

Post  Rajesh Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Hmm Phase 5 all swords, i posted a video of that somewhere on the forums called fastest Vanaduke, They did it ALL swords with no Blitz or Plague needle or anything like Shivermist burster. AND It was a 1 minute clear with no speed increase on the video. They are the best Vanaduke squad I have ever seen. One is my pal and I did a recent run with one of the guys and he never uses shiver or blitz but just suicidal's with Fang of Vog. He has skill UV's and increases (In total on his Fang of Vog alone I think he has Attack Speed Increase MAXIMUM!, Damage increase MAXIMUM, Charge Time Reduction MAXIMUM/Very high from his vog gear, damage trinkets and UV Charge Time Reduction). By the way from my experience of him, he says that Poison vials DO keep Vanadukes fireballs out but the bug is that as soon as the poison runs out the fireballs come back. So between me and him duo run it we used 6 poison vials for a quick murder!! (1 poison vial for each phase and 2 for phase 5) I think we won in 2-3 minutes because of my goofing around with vials and water Very Happy. I will help with your research but remember.. the poison from any weapon that can inflict it is 10-20% less than a vial that is ultra (Random numbers put together from experience) If you want to do a full melee Vanaduke you need lots of organisations. Obviously you are smarter than me and better and richer and... (12 years later). That's my contribution of knowledge (Might be useless).
    Thats my dumb wisdom Very Happy

P.s. Heres the link to the fast vanaduke. Just found it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkUrALD7rTQ&feature=related <------ Pro's win

Last edited by Rajesh on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkUrALD7rTQ&feature=related)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:26 am