Valkyrie Knights

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome mortal, to the realm of the great Valkyrie Knights! You will find amongst our ranks only the finest adventurers ever to set foot on Cradle. Stay a while, and bask in our glory.

4 posters

Next January SK will probably die

Axirts
    Axirts

Next January SK will probably die Empty Next January SK will probably die

Post  Axirts Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:52 am

For any of you who remember the PSO almost a decade ago, PSO2 is coming out next January. It's going to be free to play with microtransactions similar to SK but the graphics are incomparable. Imagine SK without the Zelda aspect.

For any of you who don't know PSO, Phantasy Star Online, is the game OOO based SK off of. It is a space/sci-fi sega game.

Up to 4 people for a party do missions in an assortment of different terrain comparable in size to SK's maps. There are about 35 weapon types, each with anywhere from 10-30 weapon models. On top of that there are element customizations and mods for weapons and armors as well as a few more types of mods for armor. Certain mods give a visual effect as well (accessories) There are 3 classes specializing in different weapons and you can, for a small price switch at any time. There are also multiple races each with bonus stats.
    Axirts
    Axirts

Next January SK will probably die Empty Re: Next January SK will probably die

Post  Axirts Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:55 am

Well, I guess for white it's already out.
    Ddgom
    Ddgom

Post  Ddgom Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:25 am

PSO2 is going to be free to play!? :O

I LOVED PSO on the gamecube. I hope that they don't make it pay to win but otherwise I'll most surely try and be there Smile))
    Darkhelm
    Darkhelm

Post  Darkhelm Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:23 pm

I looked at Phantasy Star it looks amazing it possibly could kill our little bots off but with over three million accounts and growing I think most players older will move on while Sk continues to pull in new players because its an easy game to understand and play anyone can jump on some mmopgs I have played are just to big and take too long to get anywhere
    Axirts
    Axirts

Post  Axirts Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:42 pm

They're setting up a weird system. It's going to be roughly 14$ a month for the whole game (still cheaper than wow) but you can play without paying. The payment system gives you access to trading, a bigger storage, room customization and some other things.

A lot of these are things I really didn't need when I played PSU and PSP 1&2. I mean none of the previous supported trading. And I never used that much storage space because you end up selling stuff when you get bored with it and wait till you get the exact element you want.

On top of that you can pay for just parts. So rather than paying 14/m, you may end up paying 5/m for just the added features you want.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if private servers went up within 6 months.
    Ryotasan
    Ryotasan

Post  Ryotasan Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:40 pm

this reminds me of a game called S4 League lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:20 am