Valkyrie Knights

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome mortal, to the realm of the great Valkyrie Knights! You will find amongst our ranks only the finest adventurers ever to set foot on Cradle. Stay a while, and bask in our glory.

+4
Aarcanewizard
drinkeater
Whitelancer
scionboss
8 posters

The art of Lockdown... An in dept guide to PvP with focus on equips

scionboss
    scionboss

The art of Lockdown... An in dept guide to PvP with focus on equips Empty The art of Lockdown... An in dept guide to PvP with focus on equips

Post  scionboss Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:20 pm

The art of Lockdown... An in dept guide to PvP with focus on equips.
    -By ScionBoss

Unique Variants's:
    The basics;
    low=1 . med=2 . high=3 . very high=4 . Ultra=5 . MAX=6

ASI: low = aprox 4% faster swing
    ASI: MAX = aprox 20% faster swing

WHY BOTHER??

In pvp its important to stay agile. Faster swings isnt just more swings. More importantly, your attack finishes faster and you are ready to get away before your opponent attacks back. Same with the initiation of the stroke. If 2 players, one with asi: max and the other with no bonus, attacks at the exact same time (assuming both would hit) the asi:max player will hit first, knocking the other player away so the slow hitter will miss alltogether.

In short, ASI is the most important UV for PvP. imho 0;)

Damage is not as important as ASI, but should not be underestimated. Dmg: low ~ 7% increased dmg.
    Dmg: Max ~ 40 - 44%
    (imagine: 2 hits doing the same as 3?)

***CTR: I mostly advise against using charge attacks in pvp, should there be a charge worth using, i believe too much will be dedicated to aquire the required CTR for it to be better than just getting asi/dmg.***

-----------------------------|||||||----------------------------

****How to obtain ASI: MAX and DMG: MAX****

Trinkets, Vog/Skolver/Fallen/UV's/PVP Shields (check your shield on the equipment manager while wearing the different class shields)

Get a pen and paper and figure out how u can get as much asi/dmg as possible (remember +6 = Max).

***WARNING***NUMBERS BELOW***SKIP*THIS*PART*IF*YOUR*ALLERGIC***

An example (guessing numbers here but bear with me):

Sealed sword ASI: Low---- 70.000
    -----||----- || : Med---- 160.000
    -----||----- || : High--- 270.000
    -----||----- || : VHigh-- 600.000

Can u see the pattern here? Now imagine if all your swords had ASI:med. Turning all your ASI:med swords into ASI:Very High. Trinket costs a few krogmo coins, 150 energy (50 CE and 100 MIST!!) for a month (longer than u think) and one time regular 4* + 5* craft. Compare with our Sealed Sword above, the trinkets should look pretty cheap.

(did a rough estimate how long one would have to enjoy a Vhigh sealed compared to "clean sealed with 2 trinkets. about 4 years.....
    TL;DR: Trinkets are insanely cheap!!!!

Damage Types and Resistance:

The current most popular weapons/damage types are:

-Barbarous thorn blade / final flourish (Piercing)
    -Gran Faust (Shadow)
    -Sentenza (shadow/piercing)
    -Divine Avenger (Elemental)
    -Polaris (Elemental)
    -Argent Peacemaker (Elemental/piercing)

What armor you should wear changes along with weapons used and vice verca. If you find yourself stuck to the angry end of a Barb Thorn Blade often, getting a piece of Skolver armor might help. Also Giving u a +14% damage bonus right thar.

Getting 2 shotted by Gran Faust? Crown of the Fallen grants +low asi to both melee and ranged weapons and lots of shadow/normal defence. (I love using this to Calibrate my ASI to exactly MAX).

AVOID USING NORMAL DAMAGE WEAPONS

Most armor pieces have normal defence. Lots of weapons do normal/"Type" damage (Gran Faust/Divine Avenger) so having normal armor is quite important. The damage from all normal dmg weapons are just too mitigated by the common normal defence (Recon can negate this but thats for another post).

NOW IM SICK OF WRITING! Razz to be continued xD

Last edited by scionboss on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Whitelancer
    Whitelancer
    Admin

The art of Lockdown... An in dept guide to PvP with focus on equips Empty Re: The art of Lockdown... An in dept guide to PvP with focus on equips

Post  Whitelancer Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:32 pm

Applauds
    drinkeater
    drinkeater

The art of Lockdown... An in dept guide to PvP with focus on equips Empty Re: The art of Lockdown... An in dept guide to PvP with focus on equips

Post  drinkeater Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:49 pm

nice job scionboss the pvp god
    scionboss
    scionboss

The art of Lockdown... An in dept guide to PvP with focus on equips Empty :D

Post  scionboss Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:02 pm

Thanks guise Very Happy Feels nice to be appreciated Very Happy

i will add more when i feel the urge to spread the knowledge again xD alsow if ppl have any questions im happy to answer as best i can Smile
    Aarcanewizard
    Aarcanewizard
    Admin

Post  Aarcanewizard Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:26 am

Well done. Cool Informative, now I know why I'm not good at PVP. Shocked
    Cleverpun
    Cleverpun

Post  Cleverpun Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:07 pm

What's your stance on bombs scionboss? Because in T3 everyone walks RIGHT into my RSS, and in T2 everyone walks RIGHT into my Lightning Capacitor. My firecracker is a load in T1 ill admit Razz
    Nodocchi
    Nodocchi

Post  Nodocchi Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:38 pm

I would suggest against using Argent Peacemaker or Sentenza unless you really know how to use them. I have seen way too many noobs spam the guys for marginal damage while my sword gets ignored due to the damage invulnerability that occurs after each hit. Basically any gun that shoots more than 2 bullets before you need to reload falls under this category.
    Schwarze
    Schwarze

Post  Schwarze Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:01 am

You silly person Nodocchi, Polaris shoots more than two before reloading :3
    Rajesh
    Rajesh

Post  Rajesh Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:37 pm

BTB vs FF. Who has tried this out. The first hit from a BTB the visual range is the actual range but with flourish the visual range is a bit less than the actual range. The actual range is 1/3 more. As well as more damage, Charge attacks can be a 1 hit K-O. I was surprised that attack speed is more important so it might be that a vog cub cap and a skolver coat with a DMG bonus MED and ASI bonus MED along with the striker shield adds up to a delightful max of both ASI+DBI. Mayby this is the key. Also theres Normal defence, Pierce and elemental and most of you know almost no one uses shadow unless they don't have a flourish or BTB
    Schwarze
    Schwarze

Post  Schwarze Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:11 am

Since the topic's been bumped, I feel this is an opportune time to bring up something else. This guide focuses on optimal equipment configurations for Lockdown. However, would anyone be interested in an in-depth combat strategy/tactics guide from striker perspective?
    As some of you might know I'm pretty devastating as a Striker so I feel I'm a good person to give my own tips. >:3
    I'd most likely cover how to approach different enemy types (Guardian, Striker, Recon) and styles (Sword, Gun, Bomb.) and other battlefield tidbits of info.
    So right now, as I said, I'm just curious if anyone is interested. If no one is, I won't bother, but if someone out there thinks he/she can benefit from what I have to share, then I will.
    Rajesh
    Rajesh

Post  Rajesh Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:41 pm

Well thanks to this topic, I got alot of work to do to become a pro

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:44 pm