Valkyrie Knights

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome mortal, to the realm of the great Valkyrie Knights! You will find amongst our ranks only the finest adventurers ever to set foot on Cradle. Stay a while, and bask in our glory.

+2
Schwarze
Whitelancer
6 posters

Keys To Winning A Lockdown Game! [Part 1]

Whitelancer
    Whitelancer
    Admin

Keys To Winning A Lockdown Game! [Part 1] Empty Keys To Winning A Lockdown Game! [Part 1]

Post  Whitelancer Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:02 pm

Very important key to winning!
    1. Fight inside bases, especially when the enemy is turning our base into enemy base. Why? One of the main example is at a situation where you come across an enemy Capturing a base, you should immediately prevent that base to be captured! Because if the enemy manages to capture that base, there's a 50% chance you'll kill him and 50% you'll get killed. If ever you manage to kill him but you let him capture the base it would take atleast more than 10 secs before you can recapture that base! Not to mention if another enemy comes and kill you making that very bad, cause every 5 seconds of having a base you get 5 points for every base you have. So its way better to let a base be neutral while you fight. Best is keep it ours, don't let your death go to waste by just charging in and circling arround while a base turns to the enemy color.

2) DO NOT GET DISTRACTED!
    Here's some examples of what you should try to avoid. When you see an enemy do not chase! Especially if it's a guardian and you shoot at it while it's running!
    Time is very important! Every second counts! Instead of chasing and killing, capture bases or help defend them! Another one is when your waiting for a base to get captured and see an enemy DON'T engage it immediately until you capture the base! Because if you get killed that enemy will probably capture the base instead and it'd gonna take you more than 30secs to get it back! 30secs = 30 points!!! So you. Should learn that bases and strategies are the key! Learn on how to hold them, get them, defend them, when to leave them, and where is the best base to defend or get at that moment. One of the best ways to do this is to use guardian.

I'll post some more when I get more time. Please remember these keys to winning guys Very Happy

For Mother Valkyrie!
    Schwarze
    Schwarze

Keys To Winning A Lockdown Game! [Part 1] Empty Re: Keys To Winning A Lockdown Game! [Part 1]

Post  Schwarze Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:52 am

One thing I feel should be added: If there's two or more of us capturing a base, I, as a striker, feel that it's okay to charge an incoming enemy off the point.
    The reason is that you will likely be seeing him from below, where his camera angle prevents him from seeing you, so you can catch him unaware and take him down quickly.
    scionboss
    scionboss

Keys To Winning A Lockdown Game! [Part 1] Empty Nice

Post  scionboss Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:35 pm

Scionboss approves! now u kids be good kids and listen to White now! cat
    saradominant
    saradominant

Keys To Winning A Lockdown Game! [Part 1] Empty Re: Keys To Winning A Lockdown Game! [Part 1]

Post  saradominant Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:21 pm

i have lost to striker with polaris and DA teamwork

polaris shot in slit diff angle creats a stun wall, while the second guy dash over and striker who got stunned
    fourtarkus
    fourtarkus

Post  fourtarkus Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:26 pm

First, let me preface this with the mantra from Dwarf Fortress: "Dying is fun." Seriously, if you didn't want a challenge you shouldn't be playing a competitive game. Also, if I ever talk about "fun" or practical jokes, that implies death of some sort.
    After hundreds of LD games here some insight:

• Push the capture of linear bases. For instance: reactor, cap the lower two points. Leave half the team at point 1, rush the other half to point 3. Once 3 is secured, then you can push 2 with the 1 team. (Example assumes starting on the left.) On the 5pt maps, like Ruins, the northern points need to be captured first.
    • Prioritize capture of neutral points, then enemy points, then consider defending points. This ensures that the least amount of time is spent capturing points, and focuses on an aggressive front.
    • Stay together, but do not cluster. A good rule of thumb is stay within the boundaries of the Guardian shield or the pad, but don't get any closer. I've wiped out entire teams with a single Faust - not even a Gran mind you. I don't want us to be that team.
    • If you have a piercing sword, or a calibur/brandish series, auto-target, there's no shame in it.
    • There is no reason why a player can't afford a pierce sword. Pierce, though protected by 40% of armors, is so fast that it's king. Also it's really easy to get if you can defeat a Snarbolax.
    • Don't rely too much on Divine Avengers, there are many vog players which laugh at the damage. Likewise with Shivermist and Ash of Agni, Skolvers and Vogs really have nothing to worry about.
    • Faust series blades wreck >3/4's of all armors. Curse is absolutely devastating, most players won't realize they have it until they are dead, also 4/5's of armors don't have curse protection.
    • Unless you are rushing another point, make sure you help cap the nearest point. I've been stranded for many games, picking up points, and having them recapped faster than I can speak.
    • Don't get entrenched at the spawn. Rush past and draw the enemy away.
    • Having more than 3 people in a strike team, though powerful, draws away from the capping power and mobility of the team. You'll have to trust me on this. 4 players cap really fast, but the benefit of capping a second and a half faster than a team of 3 players is not enough to justify slowing the team. Having a full 6, drops 4 seconds from Cap time, would still be better capping multiple points instead of focusing on one. There is an exception to this rule, but it's extremely risky: An all striker team can easily expect to rock the points quickly. The obvious solution when given this scenario is to create an all Guardian Team; the strikers will be easily dismissed.

Class Specific:

Striker:
    • Move in groups of two or more. Sure you move fast, but a single player captures really slow. The increased sword damage from having a buddy is indispensable and the capping power is great.
    • Ideal armors for this class are Fallen, Wolver Series, and mercurial series.

Recon:
    • Try to follow a friendly into the fray, a single recon can easily turn the tides with shenanigans.
    • When harassing an enemy on their plate, avoid standing on the plate, it gives away your position. Conversely, watch for plate change to find a hidden recon.
    • Recons suffer from slow sword attack speed. Consider using Vog/Fallen or a non-sword dependent armor. Though rare, a skolver in recon armor, can result in hilarious shenanigans.
    • As a recon, this is your opportunity to utilize charge attacks. Feel free to carpet bomb, irradiate, shock, and curse everyone you meet. Faust pairs exceptionally well with Divine and Valkyrie Sets. Almost like cheese and fine wine.
    • When moving with a unit the recon can dislodge any entrenched enemies. Let your teammates provide a distraction, the crush the opposition.
    • Move quickly, if you don't intend on engaging the enemy don't let them know you are there.
    • Hide before you get to an area with potential enemies, otherwise you might as well have a neon sign that says "n00b here"
    • Ideal armors for this class are Gunslingers, Bomber Series, Quicksilver Series

Guardian
    • You are one of the toughest characters, and you're a medic. When standing on the plate, assume your teammates are injured and give some assistance.
    • You are the only player with a true shield, when the fray begins to build, get that shield up.
    • Guns fire slowly, but bombs charge faster and you have a speed bonus for swords. Heavier weaponry works well, and voltaic tempest will wreck almost all players to some extent.
    • If a recon is near, get the shield up, you're the only thing protecting your team, and the point.
    • Try to move with a group as much as possible, you're slow and lumbering, and until they are stopped by enemy resistance or capturing a point, they will gladly leave you behind.
    • This armor can be used by most series, especially Wolver, Fallen, Quicksilver, Gunslinger, and Bomber.

Weapon Specific
    [list][*]Heavy Swords - Gran Faust and Sudaruska are incredible as they both have a good chance to cause some crippling status effects. Triglav would be great, but the chance to freeze is slight.

Last edited by fourtarkus on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clean up, ideal armors, less opinion, Start weapon section)
    Rajesh
    Rajesh

Post  Rajesh Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:14 pm

Whitelancer wrote:Very important key to winning!
    1. Fight inside bases, especially when the enemy is turning our base into enemy base. Why? One of the main example is at a situation where you come across an enemy Capturing a base, you should immediately prevent that base to be captured! Because if the enemy manages to capture that base, there's a 50% chance you'll kill him and 50% you'll get killed. If ever you manage to kill him but you let him capture the base it would take atleast more than 10 secs before you can recapture that base! Not to mention if another enemy comes and kill you making that very bad, cause every 5 seconds of having a base you get 5 points for every base you have. So its way better to let a base be neutral while you fight. Best is keep it ours, don't let your death go to waste by just charging in and circling arround while a base turns to the enemy color.

2) DO NOT GET DISTRACTED!
    Here's some examples of what you should try to avoid. When you see an enemy do not chase! Especially if it's a guardian and you shoot at it while it's running!
    Time is very important! Every second counts! Instead of chasing and killing, capture bases or help defend them! Another one is when your waiting for a base to get captured and see an enemy DON'T engage it immediately until you capture the base! Because if you get killed that enemy will probably capture the base instead and it'd gonna take you more than 30secs to get it back! 30secs = 30 points!!! So you. Should learn that bases and strategies are the key! Learn on how to hold them, get them, defend them, when to leave them, and where is the best base to defend or get at that moment. One of the best ways to do this is to use guardian.

I'll post some more when I get more time. Please remember these keys to winning guys Very Happy

For Mother Valkyrie!

Ok mommy i will Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:52 am